In modern marketing, working with ambassadors is as important as building a website to creating brand awareness. Attracting key influencers not only increases the visibility of a brand, but also has the potential to drive sales. Keep reading for some tips on how to snag some of the best talent in the business.
1. Simplify the process. Just like everyone else, ambassadors will be more willing to get involved with your brand if you make the process seamless for them. Make sure to provide them with everything they need – samples, swag, literature, FAQ answers, and a support system. If they are confident that you’ll guide them through the process, they’ll be happy to work with you.
2. Stay authentic. Working with influencers won’t make sense if they are not a good fit for the brand. Do your research on key influencers in your area or industry and reach out to them. Offer a complimentary product or service to see if they like it. If they do, then provide them with a company credit for referrals.
3. Make a great program and really promote it. Invest in creating an influencer program that actively seeks out new talent. The program should include a targeted plan for seeking out ambassadors, as well as clear messaging. Having open lines of communication and a well-run program will entice influencers to work with your brand.
4. Start with your best customers. This is one of the easiest ways to secure ambassadors. Word-of-mouth is extremely powerful, so look to your frequent customers that are likely already promoting your brand informally. Since these people are already fans of your brand, sometimes they’ll serve as ambassadors just for free products.
5. Gather information and ask questions. Social media can be a fantastic tool for collecting feedback from your customers. Conduct surveys and use these to identify super fans. Then reach out and ask if they would be interested in being an ambassador for the brand, as they’re clearly passionate about it already.
6. Use your network. Don’t be afraid to recruit people you’ve formed strong ties with over time. They’ll probably be happy to help you out.
7. Focus on passion. The best ambassadors are those that don’t need any convincing. Work with influencers that truly believe in your product and can recommend it authentically.
8. Focus on follow up. It’s important to build a relationship with your ambassadors. Ask them for their opinions instead of asking them to blindly promote something. They will do better work if they feel truly appreciated.
9. Start with a microbrand. Ambassadors need something they can work with. Work on building up your community before you start recruiting. Patience can be tough but this will pay off in the long run.
10. Be generous. Begin your relationships by asking your ambassadors how you can help them. Can you offer training on something? Give them a connection? If you prove working with your brand is beneficial, they’ll be more motivated to connect.
The post 10 Ways to Secure Ambassadors to Promote Your Brand appeared first on The Network Journal.