Haiti – FLASH : The PM and his Government interpellated by 70 deputies
Following the interpellation by the Senate, Tuesday, March 12, of the Prime Minister Jean Henry Céant and two of his ministers Jean Roudy Aly (Justice) and Raynaldo Brunet (Interior) scheduled for Wednesday, March 20 https://www.haitilibre.com/en/news-27168-haiti-flash-the-pm-and-two-ministers-under-an-interpellation-of-the-senate.html it is the turn of 70 deputies of the lower house to request the interpellation of the Government of Jean-Henry Céant.
Deputies’ interpellation letter :
“Port-au-Prince, March 14, 2019
Mr Gary Bodeau
President of the Chamber of Deputies
In his offices.-
The  signatory deputies of this, hasten to ask you to interpellate the government of Jean-Henry Céant, Monday, March 18, 2019, at 10:00 am in accordance with the rules of procedure of the Chamber of Deputies and the Constitution of 29 March amended, for the following reasons :
1. Non-compliance with its General Policy;
2. The social, economic and political situation of the country, due especially the depreciation of the gourde, has worsened. Hunger and misery in the most vulnerable segments of the population have become widespread;
3. The Government has been completely passive faced the disorder in the country from 6 to 16 February 2019, symbolizing political instability that is detrimental to the well-being of the population;
4. The Government is unable to secure the territory, restore peace in the streets, improve the living conditions of the population, support national production and put the country on the path of development;
5. The Government’s justice initiatives are similar to maneuvers aimed at blocking the PetroCaribe trial and the necessary fight against corruption;
6. Dislocation in relation to the principles of Governmental Solidarity;
7. No budget has been drawn up for the implementation of the measures adopted by the Government which should alleviate the suffering of the population;
Honorable Speaker, please, hold the Government interpellation session on the above date.”
Following this request, the Deputy Gary Bodeau informed in a letter the Prime Minister of his interpellation:
Letter from Gary Bodeau to the Prime Minister :
“Mr. Jean Henry Ceant
Prime Minister of Haiti
In his offices
In accordance with the provisions of articles 129-2, 129-3, 129-4, 129-5, 129-6, 156 and 161 of the amended Constitution of 1987, I have the advantage of announcing your interpellation and that of your Government. This measure follows the request of a group of seventy (70) deputies.
In this perspective, accompanied by your ministerial cabinet, you are asked to present yourself at the sitting room of the Chamber of Deputies, Monday, March 18, 2019, at 10 am.
Please accept, Sir, the expression of my highest consideration.
President of the Chamber of Deputies ” i>
However, this interpellation will have to take place on another date, Prime Minister Céant is currently on an official trip to Morocco where he participates at the invitation of King Mohammed VI to the Crans Montana Forum which brings together 170 countries from 14 to 17 March on the peninsula “Rio de Oro” in the city of Dakhla (Western Sahara) where he will take the opportunity to discuss with the King including a project to build fertilizer plant in Haiti.
Jean-Henry Céant, who is the subject of two interpellations in Parliament, will return home on the evening of Tuesday, March 19 and can at best only go to the Senate on March 20 as convened, except request for postponement of his hand…