Charging Phone + Metal Necklace = Deadly Combination

Wiley Day, of Huntsville, Ala., learned the hard way that keeping his phone in his bed while it’s charging via an extension cord isn’t a safe idea. Day fell asleep the night of March 22nd with his iPhone charging beside him, as he often does. The phone was attached to an extension cord. He rolled over the next morning, unaware that the phone and cord were detached. The dog tag necklace he was wearing became caught on the prongs from the extension cord. The electricity sent a jolt through Day’s body. The electricity went straight to Day’s neck. He told The Washington Post the feeling was “the eeriest, darkest, most demonic thing you could ever experience. I don’t have enough adjectives to describe it.” He says he was thrown from his bed and his body immediately went numb. he felt a lot of pressure around his neck, his eyesight faded, his vision turned to black and white, and he became intensely aware of his heartbeat that was thundering in his ear. Day managed to remove his necklace. When his adult niece entered the room, after hearing his cries for help, she noticed the extension cord emitting smoke. They took that as a sign that Day had been electrocuted. Day went to his doctor, who admitted him to the hospital immediately. He suffered second- and third-degree burns to his hands and neck. The hospital released Day after three days of treatment. A Huntsville physician estimated that Day was hit with 110 volts. He said 100 volts can kill a person. [Image: Wiley Day via The Washington Post] Source

UPTOWN_wiley_day

Wiley Day, of Huntsville, Ala., learned the hard way that keeping his phone in his bed while it’s charging via an extension cord isn’t a safe idea.

Day fell asleep the night of March 22nd with his iPhone charging beside him, as he often does. The phone was attached to an extension cord. He rolled over the next morning, unaware that the phone and cord were detached. The dog tag necklace he was wearing became caught on the prongs from the extension cord. The electricity sent a jolt through Day’s body.

The electricity went straight to Day’s neck. He told The Washington Post the feeling was “the eeriest, darkest, most demonic thing you could ever experience. I don’t have enough adjectives to describe it.”

He says he was thrown from his bed and his body immediately went numb. he felt a lot of pressure around his neck, his eyesight faded, his vision turned to black and white, and he became intensely aware of his heartbeat that was thundering in his ear. Day managed to remove his necklace.

When his adult niece entered the room, after hearing his cries for help, she noticed the extension cord emitting smoke. They took that as a sign that Day had been electrocuted.

Day went to his doctor, who admitted him to the hospital immediately. He suffered second- and third-degree burns to his hands and neck. The hospital released Day after three days of treatment.

A Huntsville physician estimated that Day was hit with 110 volts. He said 100 volts can kill a person.

[Image: Wiley Day via The Washington Post]

Source

Originally posted here:

Charging Phone + Metal Necklace = Deadly Combination

Recent Posts