This is “The Breakdown” where we look at some of the biggest moments in our lives (and by “our lives,” we mean stuff that was happening on TV) and get at the heart of what makes these scenes and characters so unforgettable with five thoughts.
Today, our hats are off to one Ms. Synclaire James who took a kiss from Shemar Moore straight on the lips and lived to tell about it. Check out this amazing scene from season two of “Living Single.”
1.We loves Overton. God knows we do! But we deny ANY WOMAN to push away from a kiss with Shemar Moore with the speed and resolve that Synclaire did. Do they award fictional characters the Purple Heart? She deserves it.
2. Also, did you peep the range of emotions Synclaire conveys with just her eyes? First, it’s shock: “How the hell you just gonna TAKE this kiss?” Second, it’s pleasure: “This dude’s lips taste like M&M’s and a final mortgage payment.” Last, it’s guilt: “Now I have to walk around with that kiss in my database forever!”
3. Little known fact: Shemar Moore is a vampire feeding off the youth of his co-stars. How else has this brother been able to look 30 years old for the last two decades? Answer: Drinking the blood of other actors. Don’t question it.
4. Back to that kiss for a minute (fans self): we know he’s Shemar Moore and everything but . . . he a little BOLD ain’t he?!? I mean, he knew Synclaire all of two or three days and he felt like he could just LEAN IN like that? #wefeelyousynclaire
5. NOSTALGIA ALERT! Shout out to Synclaire’s pink pencil holder! While it’s only on screen for a mere six seconds, it took us back to a lifetime of Trapper Keepers and LA Gear sneakers.
Got a TV moment you’d love to see us break down? Leave a comment below or hit us up @tvonetv
Want more Breakdowns?
1. “A Different World’s” Wedding Scene
2. “Good Times” Damn, Damn, Damn Moment
3. Max and Kyle Sleep Together on “Living Single”
4. The opening to “What’s Happening!!”
5. Penny Gets Burned on “Good Times”
6. When Dwayne Put Whitley in Check on “A Different World”
7. Sista Sledge on “The Jeffersons”